Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fish Extenders?


Ok So what the heck is a Fish Extender (FE)? This is something that is known for on the Disney Cruise Line (DCL). So after hearing about this a lot and wondering what it was my immediate thought was that it was a special fishing pole that you use to fish over the side of your balcony. WRONG!

So by every door, near your cabin room number there is a decorative fish where cabin stewards or other guests might slip a note onto. Well now on every DC a group of people come together and are asigned cabins of individuals they do not know usually. Each cabin places some type of decorative holding item such as a decorative bag, stocking at christmas time, or some other type of hanging item which is hung over the fish this comes the term Fish Extender! Well whatever cabins your are assigned to you either can buy or make gifts to which you place in the assigned FE. Gifts can include sometype of item from your home area such as Maple syrup from Canada or liquer etc..

Well on my last cruise it was the first time I participated and each day I placed items in 10 other FE's I was assigned to. I gave away pens from DVC, candy for kids, postcards from Bar Harbor Maine, and a load of other items. In return I received bags of goodies, a rum cake, bath products from bath and Body works and just a load of items. It was around christmas time so I used a stocking and each time I came back to my stateroom there was a gift! It was the best!

Now that I am preparing to go on the Inagural Cruise of the Disney Dream I have begun planning my FE gifts and as of today I received my first bunch. this time I ordered some gifts from vista print that i designed myself! Im still not done and cannot wait to see whatelse I come up with to give away and what I receive. Oh and the best part, its mostly done secretively! Some place their names and stateroom numbers on the gifts which is also fun to do. I'll be sure to update you!
PS: THis is not my FE but one that I found online to show as an example. Each of the squares is a pocket for people to place gifts and surprises into. This family also loves to decorate their stateroom door! What Fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Another little something to make a cruise even more special :)

    I love walking about the decks checking out the different decorations. It also helps me find MY door too, in the sea of white doors LOL.

    ReplyDelete