Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fish Extender Gifts...

In my previous posts I spoke of Fish Extenders and how guests give gifts and surprises to other guests (read my other post for more details). Well I did not have a photo of any of the gifts that I received but I did find this picture of some of the gifts this guest received. In the post it stated that this was only a portion of what the family had received.
On my last cruise, some of the more memorable gifts I received were: lip balm with the logo of the DISForum, a sharpie with the name and date of the cruise, magnets with my user name as well as sticky notes with the same, folders for all of the paper materials you receive on board, a rum cake, nips, a hand-held battery operated game like 20 questions, a Disney frame, bath and body works items along with make-up and a host of other items.
I received so much and some items that I could / would never use (make-up) that I decided to put an entire bag together of items I would not use as well as items that I thought my stateroom Hostess would like, like the Bath and Body Works lotions, candies, toiletry items that she could use instead of having to buy. On the last night of the cruise right before dinner I put the bag on the bed and left for dinner with a note thanking her for everything. Upon returning to the room the bed was turned down and a long note was on the bed thank me so very much for the thoughtful gift I had given to her. She loved the items and it made her feel like a bit more like home since she was not able to get certain items other than at a mall. It was also right before Christmas and she felt like she received a Christmas gift. It made me so happy as well. In addition she left me extra bath products that I love as well as other products that you can only get if your in a suite so it was an added surprise for me!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, I found your blog via the disboards. Isn't that a great site? Anyway, I was on that cruise from which the picture was taken. I thought everything look very familiar and then I spotted my gift :) The FE exchange is so much fun and I can't wait to participate again on our Panama Canal cruise next January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! I love the Disboard! There were so many pictures to choose from but this one looked fun so I included it. I can't get enough and am actually making mine for my up coming trip on the maiden voyage of the Dream! I already have some of my gifts made and 1 that I am having a portion specially made. I hope to travel before then but want the gift on the MV to be extra special. Did you make your FE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did make our FE. Had never sewn before but borrowed a sewing machine and gave it a shot. I was really pleased with the way it turned it. I plan on reusing it as my friend with the sewing machine moved away.

    I'm also working on my FE gifts for Jan. I'm worried about luggage space issues since we will be traveling for 2+ weeks. Oh well, it's worth it :)

    Have fun on the maiden voyage! Would love to travel on the Dream next year but the PC cruise was too good to pass up. We will definitely be on the Dream and/or Fanstasy though within the next couple of years. DCL is very addicting!

    ReplyDelete