Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Early Christmas Gift...

So as I have mentioned many times (if it is not already noticeable) I love everything about Disney! I mostly love the fact that Walt had a true vision that was family orientated! My family is very important to me so that is why this is of importance to me.

My collection of Disney items ranges from Knickknack's that have no monetary value but hold tremendous personal value such as my first ticket to the Magic Kingdom and my first Walt Disney World Cast Member ID to items that do have value monetarily such as my Key to World similar to a key a Mayor would give to someone of importance. I have many, many Disney items worth noting but too time consuming to do so.

This one item is very different! The highlight to my Disney collection arrived about 1 month ago; although it has been in the works for almost a year! My dream piece of Disneyana is a check from the desk of Walter Elias Disney and the Walt Disney Company. After working for the Disney Company for more then 10 years I decided to fulfill my collection and chose this item.

The check is for $12,000.00 for legal services and is signed by Walt himself. It is great to know that Walt actually touched and signed this item and it is now in my collection. I had to have it museum framed which was expensive but well worth the investment! It now hangs above my television where I am able to view it any time I want.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine that this was AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete