Thursday, July 8, 2010

Knowing the Time to Say Goodbye...


Well last week was not that great of a week for me. After taking care of my first pet Gus-Gus for over 10 years it became evident that he was not doing so well. Gus-Gus was a white looped ear white rabbit that went blind when he was 2 or 3 years old. He was the happiest bunny and used to do these jumps and spins and was just a very happy rabbit. Unfortunately Gus-Gus was the 1st rabbit and saw my 3 other rabbits (Timmy, Scraps and Jaq) die before him and outlasted the other rabbits by about 2 years. I must say though that it was very quick. On Tuesday he was not getting up to get his food or water and at that time I knew what I had to do. the following morning I had to say goodbye and bring him to the vet. The last thing that I could do for him was to let him dye at peace in my arms. The funny thing was that I believe he actually looked me in the eyes and saw me. Soon enough, after the vet gave him the shot he became very relaxed and fell asleep. I miss him but know he crossed the Rainbow Bridge and we will meet again soon. RIP Gus-Gus RIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment